About Mob Psycho 100 anime by One Punch Man Creator
Recently an anime adaptation to ONE’s webcomic “Mob Psycho 100″ was announced. The television anime adaptation is set for a release in 2016 and will be produced by Bones.
Bones INC is a Japanese animation studio that produced many anime including Darker than Black, Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, two adaptations of Fullmetal Alchemist, and many more series.
Mob Psycho 100 is a webcomic created by ONE who is the creator of the popular anime series One Punch Man which was originally also a webcomic from 2009 which had been made into an anime through Madhouse.
Mob Psycho 100 plot –
Kageyama Shigeo is an average middle school boy, called Mob (モブ means John Doe) for lacking a sense of presence. Although he seems like an inconspicuous person, he is in fact a powerful Esper. As he grows older, Mob realizes his psychic power is dangerous. To avoid his power getting out of control, he constantly lives a life under emotional shackle. Mob wants to live just like others, but a barrage of trouble comes to him. With the suppressed emotions growing inside Mob little by little, his power threatens to spill over its bounds.
Mob Psycho 100 teaser trailer –
Kageyama Shigeo (voiced by: setsuo ito)
– The main protagonist, an eighth grader nicknamed Mob, is an incredible Esper with powerful psychic abilities. Helmet hairstyle is his defining physical feature. He is not good at reading the atmosphere, and since childhood, he has rarely felt or displayed intense emotion. He thinks his power is not necessary in his life, so he avoids using it. He suppresses his emotions to keep his power in control; when the percentage of his accumulated feelings reaches 100, he will “explode.” He works at Reigen’s spirit counsel after school for 300 yen hourly.
Reigen Arataka (voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai)
– Mob’s master, a self-proclaimed psychic who has his own spirit counsel (the “Talk About Spirits Agency”), which is cheap compared to competitors. He wasn’t getting much business, but after setting up a homepage on the internet, the amount of assignments has increased. He is essentially a con artist and excels in persuasion, speech, and perception, as well as massage. He is clever and agile, claiming to have a greenbelt of Shaolin boxing. He is very afraid of cockroaches and likes dogs. He solves his clients’ problems with a variety of skills (including Reigen’s “secret technique”); if that doesn’t work, he’ll call in Mob to deal with it. Even though he is a fraud, he treats Mob’s inner turmoil very seriously, and gives him pertinent suggestions. For better or worse, he is Mob’s mentor.
– An upper class evil spirit, devious and sly, characterized by the circular blush on his cheeks. In order to become a god worshiped by people, he established a religion/cult called (LOL), which was dissolved by Mob. After his defeat, his power fell off remarkably, and Mob came to regard him as harmless. Dimple thinks Mob might be a great springboard to god, so he stayed with Mob in order to exploit him. He claims to be Mob’s partner. He can possess the bodies of others and release the full potential of his host, but he tries to avoid breaking the host’s body.
– Mob’s younger brother, grade 7. He is clever and competent, excelling at both academic and athletic performance. Having a handsome face, he is popular among girls. He is also a member of the Student Council. The only thing he’s lacking is psychic power. Because Mob is a strong Esper, Ritsu has always had an inferiority complex and an obsessive longing for psychic power of his own. Carries around spoons to try and bend with his mind. He looks up to Mob a lot. He eventually developed his own psychic power and became a fairly powerful esper but not as powerful as his big brother.
– Black Vinegar Middle School’s “ura banchou” (“hidden boss”), known to most as Teru. Also a strong Esper, he originally held scorn for people without psychic power, calling them “commoners.” Accustomed to using his power freely in daily life, be it exams or sports, he excelled at it all. Coupled with his handsome looks, he is very popular. He’ll do a pigeon-toed pose when he fights seriously. After he was defeated by Mob, his perspective on psychic power changed a lot, and he became more friendly to others.
More news will be posted on the site as it becomes available, stay tuned for updates on Mob Psycho 100 and more.